WIHS and COVID-19 - Update April 23, 2020
WASHINGTON, April 23, 2020--We continue to monitor all the data and guidance regarding COVID-19 while planning for WIHS 2020. We remain positive and hopeful that conditions will favor a safe return to competition this summer and fall. Keeping the community safe is our primary concern.
WIHS UPDATE as of April 23, 2020
(Subject to change based on guidance from US Equestrian and the District of Columbia)
- The 62nd Annual WIHS is scheduled to take place Oct. 20-25, 2020, at Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C.
- The WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship is planned for Oct. 16-18, 2020, at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Prize List & Entry Closing
- The WIHS prize list will be produced in a digital-only version this year, and is scheduled to be available online at wihs.org on July 15.
- The closing date for entries is Tues., Sept. 8, 2020
- The Regional Prize List will be available in a limited print edition and available online in late August.
- Following guidance from USEF: Sanctioning of the following classes has been temporarily suspended through May 3: WIHS Equitation East/West, WIHS Pony Equitation, WIHS Children's Hunter, WIHS Children's Jumper, WIHS Adult Hunter, and WIHS Adult Jumper.
- Additional Qualifying Information
>> Update 4.25.20: USEF is extending the competition suspension period through May 31, 2020.
Junior Committee & Youth Ambassador
- We received an unprecedented number of applications for the 2020 Junior Committee presented by Signature Academics. Stay tuned for the full committee announcement and be sure to keep up with our JC members on WIHS' Instagram throughout the summer.
- Despite COVID-19, we remain positive and look forward to hosting our "horse show in the city" in October. WIHS continues to offer unique partnership opportunities to engage with the D.C. community and passionate equestrian consumers through sponsorship solutions to fit every goal and budget.
- Contact Mary Helen Shaughnessy at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your corporate or personal sponsorship needs.
- Visit https://www.wihs.org/sponsor-wihs/
- WIHS vendors have the opportunity to showcase their products and services to more than 26,000 motivated shoppers during the important pre-holiday selling season.
- Due to the impact of COVID-19, the early bird application deadline has been extended to June 30, and includes a 10% discount and reduced deposit.
- Contact Elizabeth Mellen at email@example.com or visit https://www.wihs.org/vendors/
Coronavirvus Disease Resources, visit the USEF Resource Center.
Please join WIHS us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube for photos, videos, announcements and more.
|To all the riders, trainers, owners, sponsors, grooms, officials, vendors, media and beyond who are the heart of WIHS, we encourage you to be safe and smart in the coming months as we look forward to celebrating with you in October.