WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals
The 2014 WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals will be held October 17-19 at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Entries close October 10.
Zone 3 Update
- The MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals will be the featured class on Friday night at 6:00 pm.
- New! Junior Hunter 3'3" will be offered at USHJA Zone 3 Finals.
- Children's and Adult Jumpers as qualifying classes for the WIHS Jumper Championships
- Third annual Laura Pickett Trophy for Excellence in Horsemanship
- Grand championships will be awarded for Children's and Adult Hunter; Children's Hunter Ponies.
- Ice Cream Social on Friday Night and Pizza Party on Saturday! Open to all exhibitors.
The Laura Pickett Trophy for Excellence in Horsemanship
The recipient of the third annual Laura Pickett Trophy for Excellence in Horsemanship will be selected at the 2014 WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals, and the presentation will be made at WIHS at Verizon Center on Barn Night, Oct. 23. The award, generously donated by Vicki Lowell in memory of much-loved local trainer Laura Pickett, is awarded to the adult or child rider and their trainer, who best exhibit the enthusiasm, dedication, style and commitment to excellence in horsemanship that brings out the best in horse and rider. The recipient also will receive a pair of custom boots, courtesy of E. Vogel. Link to > Laura Pickett Award Nomination Form.
- Directions to Prince George's Equestrian Center
- Show Manager: Tom Blankenship, Westfield, IN
- Stabling Manager: Paul Jewell, Pennington, NJ
- Show Secretary: Beverly Abbott, BevAbbott2575@gmail.com), 410-259-2575; and Julie Agar
- Show Approvals: USHJA, USEF, MHSA, VHSA
- Official Show Photographer: Shawn McMillen Photography, www.shawnmcmillen.com, 606-356-0518
- Official Show Videographer: EquestrianGameTape.com, 410-812-1029
- Hotels: Equestrian Travel, www.equestriantravel.com,
404-844-4404, link to Hotel Reservations