Presented by The Linden Group at Morgan Stanley
|Regional Entry Blank|
|Credit Card Authorization Form|
|USHJA Zone HOTY Championship|
|WIHS Regional USEF Federation Insert|
The 2017 WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship presented by The Linden Group at Morgan Stanley will be held Oct. 20-22 at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD. The USHJA Zone 3 Championship will take place on Sunday, Oct. 22.
> Zone 3 Championship accepted riders are listed on Horseshowing.com.
> 2016 Prize List for WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship
> Online entries will be accepted on Horseshowing.com.
> Nomination form for the fifth Annual Laura Pickett Award
- The MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals
- NCEA 3'3" Junior Hunt Seat Medal and USHJA 3'3" Jumping Seat Medal
- Children's and Adult Jumpers offered as qualifying classes for the WIHS Jumper Championships
at Verizon Center, Wed., Oct. 25
- Sixth Annual Laura Pickett Award for Excellence in Horsemanship
- Grand Championships awarded for Children's and Adult Hunter and Children's Hunter Ponies
- Ice Cream Social on Friday night and Pizza Party on Saturday afternoon open to all exhibitors
- Qualify to compete in WIHS Regional Hunter Finals at Verizon Center on Sunday
The Regional Horse Show is expected to again host a Shetland Pony Steeplechase Qualifier on Friday, Oct. 20 after the MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals in the indoor arena. Come cheer on your favorite ponies and jockeys in an exciting qualifying event for the 2017 WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase Championship Series presented by Charles Owen. The top finishers will compete in the finals at WIHS at Verizon Center on Thursday, Oct. 26 (Barn Night) and Saturday, Oct. 28 (Grand Prix Night).
The Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award
Introduced in 2012 in memory of Laura Pickett, a very special local equestrian and trainer, the award will be presented to an up-and-coming adult or child rider and their trainer competing at the WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship, who best exhibit the enthusiasm, dedication, style and commitment to excellence in horsemanship that brings out the best in horse and rider. The Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award is presented by Vicki Lowell.
Nominees are designated by wearing a pink armband and are judged both in and out of the show ring. The winner is chosen by committee and is notified Sunday. The winner and family are invited to attend WIHS at Verizon Center on Thursday night for the presentation held during Barn Night. Nomination form will be available in July.
Past Winners (Rider / Trainer)
2015 Bailey Austin Doloff / Dorna Taintor
2014 Louise Whitner / Marti Bigler
2013 Morgan Bland / Chris Wynne
2012 Mary Elizabeth Cordia / Jenny Graham
- 2016 Prize List for WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship
- Directions to Prince George's Equestrian Center
- Show Manager: Tom Blankenship, Westfield, IN
- Stabling Manager: Paul Jewell, Pennington, NJ
- Show Secretary: Beverly Abbott, email@example.com, 410-259-2575
- Show Approvals: USHJA, USEF, MHSA, VHSA
- Official Show Photographer: Shawn McMillen Photography,
- Official Show Videographer: EquestrianGameTape.com, 410-812-1029
- Hotels: Equestrian Travel, www.equestriantravel.com,
404-844-4404, link to Hotel Reservations
For additional hotel options, contact Equestrian Travel direct:
Monday – Friday, 6am – 5pm (PST), 855-GO-GALLUP ( 855-464-2556)