WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals
The 2015 WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals will be held Oct. 16-18 at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD, with the USHJA Zone 3 Finals will taking place on Sunday, Oct. 18.
Zone 3 Finals
> 2014 Prize List The 2015 Prize List will be posted in early August.
> 2014 Entry Blank
> Horseshowing.com for online entries and results
> 2015 Laura Pickett Award Nomination Form will be available in June.
- The MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals will be the featured class on Friday night at 6:00 pm.
- New! Junior Hunter 3'3" will be offered at USHJA Zone 3 Finals.
- Children's and Adult Jumpers as qualifying classes for the WIHS Jumper Championships
- Third annual Laura Pickett Trophy for Excellence in Horsemanship
- Grand championships will be awarded for Children's and Adult Hunter; Children's Hunter Ponies.
- Ice Cream Social on Friday Night and Pizza Party on Saturday! Open to all exhibitors.
The Laura Pickett Trophy for Excellence in Horsemanship
Congratulations to Louise Whitner, the winner of the 2014 Laura Pickett Trophy!
Read more about Louise here!
The recipient of the annual Laura Pickett Trophy for Excellence in Horsemanship is selected at the WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals, and the presentation is made at WIHS on Barn Night at Verizon Center. The award, generously donated by Vicki Lowell in memory of much-loved local trainer Laura Pickett, is awarded to the adult or child rider and their trainer, who best exhibit the enthusiasm, dedication, style and commitment to excellence in horsemanship that brings out the best in horse and rider. The recipient also will receive a pair of riding boots. The 2015 Laura Pickett Award Nomination Form will be available in June.
- Directions to Prince George's Equestrian Center
- Show Manager: Tom Blankenship, Westfield, IN
- Stabling Manager: Paul Jewell, Pennington, NJ
- Show Secretary: Beverly Abbott, BevAbbott2575@gmail.com), 410-259-2575; and Julie Agar
- Show Approvals: USHJA, USEF, MHSA, VHSA
- Official Show Photographer: Shawn McMillen Photography, www.shawnmcmillen.com, 606-356-0518
- Official Show Videographer: EquestrianGameTape.com, 410-812-1029
- Hotels: Equestrian Travel, www.equestriantravel.com,
404-844-4404, link to Hotel Reservations