WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals
The 2015 WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals will be held Oct. 16-18 at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD. The USHJA Zone 3 Finals will take place on Sunday, Oct. 18.
Through the Regional Show, you can qualify to compete at Verizon Center in the WIHS Regional Hunter Finals on Sunday, Oct. 25, 2015.
- The MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals will be the featured class on Friday night at 6:00 pm.
- Children's and Adult Jumpers as qualifying classes for the WIHS Jumper Championships
- Fourth Annual Laura Pickett Award for Excellence in Horsemanship
- Grand championships will be awarded for Children's and Adult Hunter; Children's Hunter Ponies.
- Ice Cream Social on Friday Night and Pizza Party on Saturday! Open to all exhibitors.
The Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award
Introduced in 2012 in memory of a very special local equestrian and trainer, the award will be presented to an "up-and-coming" adult or child rider and their trainer competing at the WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Finals, who best exhibit the enthusiasm, dedication, style and commitment to excellence in horsemanship that brings out the best in horse and rider. The Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award is presented by Vicki Lowell. The winner will receive a pair of custom boots courtesy of Fabbri Boots.
Nominees will be designated by wearing a pink armband and will be judged both in and out of the show ring. The winner will be chosen by committee and will be notified Sunday, Oct. 18. The winner and their family will be invited to join us on Thursday, Oct. 22 at Verizon Center where the presentation will take place center ring during Barn Night at the 57th Annual Washington International Horse Show.
Past Winners (Rider / Trainer)
2014 Louise Whitner / Marti Bigler
2013 Morgan Bland / Chris Wynne
2012 Mary Elizabeth Cordia / Jenny Graham
- Directions to Prince George's Equestrian Center
- Show Manager: Tom Blankenship, Westfield, IN
- Stabling Manager: Paul Jewell, Pennington, NJ
- Show Secretary: Beverly Abbott, BevAbbott2575@gmail.com), 410-259-2575; and Julie Agar
- Show Approvals: USHJA, USEF, MHSA, VHSA
- Official Show Photographer: Shawn McMillen Photography,
- Official Show Videographer: EquestrianGameTape.com, 410-812-1029
- Hotels: Equestrian Travel, www.equestriantravel.com,
404-844-4404, link to Hotel Reservations