Charity Alliance Program
The Washington International Horse Show is a 501(c)(3) organization with a 55-year history of charitable giving and partnership with both national and local area charities. Throughout our history, WIHS has proudly distributed millions of dollars to worthy non-profit organizations. Our innovative Charity Alliance program allows our supporters to make a donation in the name of a designated charity of their choosing.
Through generous support from private donors, WIHS has been able to expand its Charity Alliance program, and this year will provide corporate on-site amenities to our Charity Alliance Partners: Children's Defense Fund, Teach for America and the Washington Humane Society.
Unique Ways to Participate In Program:
- Gain corporate benefits for your designated charity, including, ads on the Jumbotron and outdoor video marquee, PA announcements, signage or a custom jump in the ring, etc.
- Let WIHS build a jump, as was done for Autism Speaks; each time the jump is cleared in an open jumper class a donation is made to the charity
- Our most popular souvenir item is the tissue t-shirt; WIHS will create a joint WIHS and charity tissue t-shirt for sale in the souvenir booth and as gifts for your guests
- Ticket distribution to your designated charity for performances throughout the week
- WIHS will work with your charity to cross promote its work on our website and on social media
- Opportunities exist to host a party to raise money for your charity as was done for Autism Speaks in 2007 and 2008 and the Equestrian Aid Foundation in 2009
- Promote the work and cause of your charity through distribution of informational materials to exhibitors and spectators or raise additional funds through silent auction items
- Full page, four color, advertorial for the charity in the Official WIHS Show Program
- Four (4) invitations for your charity to WIHS receptions including Saturday night’s President’s Cup Reception hosted by the WIHS Board of Directors
If you are interested in participating in the WIHS Charity Alliance and would like to discuss ways that your designated charity can benefit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-535-3679.