The Acceptance Process must be completed by 5:00 pm (EDT) on Monday, October 2, 2017, or your spot will be given to a wait-listed entry.
Please note NEW telephone number for stabling office:
Prince George's Equestrian Center: 202-394-5727, as of Sunday, October 15
All exhibitors MUST fill out and present a 2017 WIHS Biosecurity Form for every horse: Link to Biosecurity Form.
The District of Columbia requires both a Negative Coggins Test within the past 12 months of the horse show and a Routine Health Certificate within 30 days for horses crossing into the District. A Statement of Health is also required. The Statement of Health signed by a licensed veterinarian MUST certify that the horse has:
- Been enrolled in a regular and consistent program of vaccination against EHV-1 and EHV-4 with the most recent booster being within 120 days (since May 1, 2017);
- Has not shown symptoms of, nor been treated for, EHV-1 and/or EHV-4 within the past 28 days; and
- Has not been exposed to any horses that have been treated for or shown symptoms of EHV-1 and/or EHV-4 within the past 28 days.
The Negative Coggins, Routine Health Certificate, and Statement of Health must be presented to the Show Secretary upon arrival and therefore should not be mailed. An official from the District Board of Health will be present at the show to inspect all certificates.
Shipping & Arrival
When you arrive at PG Equestrian Center, please check in with the stabling/shipping office to schedule your horse’s shipping Capital One Arena. In the interest of making the shipping process to and fromCapital One Arena as smooth as possible, the following procedures will be implemented:
- All vehicles bringing horses to Capital One Arena are required to come to Prince George’s Equestrian Center as a preliminary staging point.
- All horses will be shipped to and from PG Equestrian Center by Johnson Horse Transportation, the official shipper of the Washington International. WIHS personnel will be at the PG Equestrian Center to coordinate this process.
- A round-trip transportation charge of $150 will be placed on each horse’s invoice. This charge includes a stall for any short-term waiting period at PG Equestrian Center.
- Layover stabling ($200 per week if paid with acceptance; $250 if paid later), camper spaces ($300 per week), and parking for trucks and trailers (free) are available at PG Equestrian Center. YOU MUST INDICATE THE DATE YOU WILL BE ARRIVING at PG Equestrian Center for layover stabling on the acceptance invoice. Failure to do so may result in no available layover stabling or a higher cost being incurred.
- All International Jumper horses must be on the grounds of PG Equestrian Center by 9:00 am on Wednesday, October 25, 2017. All horses, along with passports and proper credentials, must be presented at that time for Official Horse Inspections. Horses will then be shipped by Official Shipper to Capital One Arena between 1:00 and 5:00 pm. ALL HORSES MUST SHIP AT THEIR DESIGNATED TIMES OR WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND FORFEIT ALL ENTRY AND STABLING FEES. Stabling will be available at PG Equestrian Center.
- All WIHS Equitation horses must be at PG Equestrian Center by 3:00 PM on Thursday, October 26 and will be shipped to Capital One Arena between 3:00 and 7:00 pm.
- All WIHS Equitation ponies must be at PG Equestrian Center by 2:00 pm on Saturday, October 28 and will be shipped to Capital One Arena between 2:00 and 6:00 pm.
Download Shipping & Arrival PDF here
Please be aware that arriving at Capital One Arena without checking in first at PG Equestrian Center will result in horses and equipment NOT being allowed to unload and being sent back to the PG Equestrian Center.
Layover stabling will be available beginning Monday, October 16 at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. Stall fees will not be pro-rated:
- Layover stall – Week 1 October 16-22 = $200 per stall
- Layover stall – Week 2 October 23-29 = $200 per stall
|IMPORTANT: You must indicate the date you will be arriving at Prince George's Equestrian Center for layover stabling on the acceptance invoice. Failure to do so may result in no available stabling or a higher cost being incurred.|
Feed & Bedding Orders
Please call ahead for feed and bedding orders so that we are aware of your needs:
- Prince George's Equestrian Center: 202-394-5727, as of Sunday, October 15
Trailer parking will be provided at no charge at Prince George's Equestrian Center for exhibitors. No trailer parking will be allowed at Verizon Center.
Approximate Shipping Schedule Between Prince George's Equestrian Center and Verizon Center. Download Shipping & Arrival PDF here.
|Section||Depart PG Equestrian Center||Depart Capital One Arena|
|Green Hunter 3'6"||Monday, 10/23 between noon and 5 pm||Wednesday, 10/25 after noon|
|Green Hunter 3'9"||Monday, 10/23 between noon and 5 pm||Wednesday, 10/25 after noon|
|Green Conformation||Monday, 10/23 between noon and 5 pm||Wednesday, 10/25 after noon|
|High Performance||Monday, 10/23 between noon and 5 pm||Wednesday, 10/25 after noon|
|High Performance Conformation||Monday, 10/23 between noon and 5 pm||Wednesday, 10/25 after noon|
|Amateur Owner Hunters||Monday, 10/23 between noon and 5 pm||Wednesday, 10/25 after 3 pm|
|Children's and Adult Hunter||Monday, 10/23 between noon and 5 pm||Tuesday, 10/24 after 6 pm|
|Children's and Adult Jumpers||Tuesday, 10/24 between noon and 5 pm||Wednesday, 10/25 after 9 pm|
|Amateur Owner Jumpers||Wednesday, 10/25 between 5 pm and 9 pm||Saturday, 10/28 after 10:30 pm|
|Junior Jumpers||Wednesday, 10/25 between 5 pm and 9 pm||Saturday, 10/28 after 10:30 pm|
|Junior Hunters||Wednesday, 10/25 between 5 pm and 9 pm||Friday, 10/27 after 1 pm|
|International Jumpers||Wednesday, 10/25 between 1 pm and 5 pm||Sunday, 10/29 after 6 am|
|Equitation Horses||Thursday, 10/26 between 3 pm and 7 pm||Saturday, 10/28 after 5 pm|
|Pony Hunters||Friday, 10/27 between 3 pm and 7 pm||Sunday, 10/29 after noon|
|Equitation Ponies||Saturday, 10/28 between 2 pm and 6 pm||Sunday, 10/29 after 2 pm|
|Regional Hunter Finals||Saturday, 10/28 between 2 pm and 6 pm||Sunday, 10/29 after 4 pm|
Three types of wristbands are available to exhibitors:
- FEI: Allows access to FEI stabling tents well as to exhibitor seating area, horse show office, exhibitors' lounge, indoor and outdoor stabling, and backstage area. A total of five (5) wristbands will be issued for each international jumper horse entered. No additional FEI wristbands may be purchased.
- ALL ACCESS: Allows access to exhibitor seating area, horse show office, exhibitors' lounge, indoor and outdoor stabling and backstage area. A total of three (3) All Access wristbands will be issued for each horse entered. Additional All Access wristbands may be purchased for $200 each.
- REGULAR: Allows access to exhibitor seating area only. Regular wristbands are available free of charge and are limited to six (6) per exhibitor on a first-come, first-served basis, while available.
VIP HOSPITALITY & SPONSORSHIP
Reserve your VIP Table and Party Tickets today!
Enjoy exceptional culinary menu and wine offerings while mingling with Olympians, government, diplomatic and military leaders, celebrities and Washington elites. Tables in our two hospitality areas are benefits of WIHS sponsorship packages, which are tax deductible less the value of goods received, and individual Party Tickets are available for purchase Thursday through Saturday.
PwC Club: Our skybox level PwC offers a relaxed atmosphere to mix and mingle while enjoying great views of the ring. The Club also hosts our nightly receptions benefiting charities including Thursday’s Buck Breast Cancer Benefit, Friday’s Armed Forces Reception, and Saturday's President's Cup Party. Tickets are available for $150 each evening, and single night tables for four guests may be purchased for $2,500. Click Here for more information about Party Tickets.
Ringside Dining Platforms: Ringside Dining Platforms are designed to offer an elegant and intimate atmosphere with superb views of the arena. With easy access off the main concourse, buffet dining and full service open bar each evening, the Platforms offer the very best in location and exclusive amenities for a discerning audience. Single night tables for eight are available Ringside Dining Platforms are designed to offer an elegant and intimate atmosphere with superb views of the arena. With easy access off the main concourse, buffet dining and full service open bar each evening, the Platforms offer the very best in location and exclusive amenities for a discerning audience. Single night tables for eight are available Tuesday and Wednesday evenings for $1,500 per night, and week long tables are available as benefits of larger sponsorships. Click Here for more information about our VIP Tables.
Sponsorship packages offer a variety of benefits depending on the level, including sponsorship of a class, division, award or event. Sponsorships including a table start at $5,000. All WIHS sponsorships are tax deductible less the value of goods received.
For more information, please contact Lindsay Pologe, Director of Sponsorship & Hospitality Director at 202-525-3679 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve your place in the Official WIHS Program Book, a wonderful way to thank a special horse, rider, trainer, owner or groom. Full-page ads are $1,500 and include:
A color page in a custom designed section of the Program, including a photo and your personal message
• Your tribute page beautifully presented in an elegant keepsake frame
• Inclusion in an online Circle of Champions Gallery on WIHS.org.
For questions, please contact Lindsay Pologe at 202-525-3679 or email@example.com.